Monday, March 20, 2006

Cycling Through the Ages

My love affair with cycling stretches pretty far back, so I thought I'd dig up some old photos to prove it...

Here I am on a tricycle, along side my sister Paulette.

This was some sort of strange cross between a bike and a trike, with the pedals attached directly to the front wheel, but only two wheels. (What you see sticking out on the sides are training wheels.) I remember that it was broken, and turning the pedals wouldn't actually turn the wheel. It would just slip. I can't tell exactly who the miscellaneous girls in the background are as the photo is too blurry, but it looks like my sisters, Jeanne and Paulette, and one of my cousins.

Once a drama queen, always a drama queen. Here I was re-staging a fall for photographic purposes. This red bike was usually ridden by my sisters. Normally I rode the matching green one, which also had spokie dokies, but sadly, no basket. Ah, you gotta love the banana seats!

Finally, here is a shot of me in the process of assembling my bike which I still ride today. It's hard to believe that by the time the bike rally is over, I'll have had it for 8 years! Perhaps it will be time for a new one next year.

posted by Kevin @ 9:41 PM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger geo said...

I had a similar bike to that one with the pedals on the front wheel. From what I remember it was almost impossible to ride without the training wheels... it was way too imbalanced. Wonder why that idea never took off?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home