Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Gear

So I managed to make it to Velotique today, party out of inspiration from Kevin's "Retail Therapy", and partly out of fear for our first official training ride on Saturday April 8th. I'm pretty used to the usual warm weather rides, but since this one is starting at 8:30 am, and the weather is due to be rather chilly, I felt it best to get a bit more prepared than I was for the ride we took last Sunday.

Last Sunday was one of those brilliant-looking days, you know, where it's sunny and nice looking, but the air just has that bit of a bite to it? Riding in just the bike shorts and a thin bike jersey proved to be pretty bone-numbing. As we rounded the point at Tommy Thompson Park, the wind whipping off the lake did manage to cut out most feeling in my extremities, so I no longer noticed how cold I was. This coming weekend though, I'd rather be a bit more comfortable.

I left Velotique with some extra tights for warmth and the same rain shell that Kevin picked up. I got some extra gear for the bike - a floor pump from axiom and a Finish Line chain cleaner. When I got home, I realized that I've now got rather a lot of bike clothing - enough for a whole drawer! I'm not sure where to put the other clothes that used to occupy that drawer, but I guess that's a challenge for later. At least I'm more prepared for Saturday's ride :-)

posted by Anonymous @ 11:28 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home