Saturday, April 15, 2006

Super Joe, 39 km Ride

Last weekend I went to Rack Attack, which is conveniently around the corner from my house, and I picked up a Yakima Super Joe 3 bike rack. I used it to get Mason out to Kipling for the 39 km Ride. The bike rack is great - excellent value, very easy to set up, and it really secures the bike.
As for today's ride, I can't help but think of a simple song lyric: "What a difference a day makes", and realize what an incredible difference seven of them makes. Of course, then I wonder what nine would do, but that's another story alltogether. The ride was much warmer than last week's and everyone was in great spirits. It started out with a wrong turn near East Mall Cres., it's funny to watch 30-40 riders follow the leader down a wrong road, then execute U-turns as the mistake was noticed.
People were much calmer today about claling out potholes and glass and the likes.. There weren't many major items to note - one large puddle / small pond in the road, one section with loads of glass, and a few large potholes. Otherwise, it was great. I got to chat with Kyra for a bit too, she's the Rider Development Lead for this year's ride, and she's got loads of enthusiasm!
Looking forward to next week's ride!

posted by Anonymous @ 12:35 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home