Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 2/3

Well, I tried to publish a post from my cell phone on Day 1, but it didn't work so well, so I just posted it now. As you can see, it was short since I was typing it on my cell phone. The rally has been going great. Day 2 was our longest day, but we kept up a really good pace despite both having sore knees. Today, Day 3, our ride was even faster, since it was shorter and we had tailwinds. I'll post full distances and times for the rides after I return home.

Last night at camp it was annual Aloha Bingo night. I was rather disappointed that Miss Conception didn't come to be our host, but Justine Touch filled in and was quite entertaining. I found her comment on the foot-operated sinks in porta-potties very insightful: "Hands free tap! Where's the fucking soap?"

We're at the library at Queen's University at the moment, which is quite nice and air-conditioned. We've been in Kingston since about 11:15 am this morning, so that has given us time to shower, do laundry, get massages, and swing by Starbucks for some frappacinos. Tonight we have a team dinner at a nice restaurant, and then a local LGBT club is hosting a half-way party for us. It should be fun. I plan to get mildly tipsy, but I'll be sure to drink lots of water so that I'm ready for tomorrow.

That's all for now... see you later.

posted by Kevin @ 4:54 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home