Monday, April 30, 2007

Back in the Saddle

I finally made it out for a training ride this weekend! It was my first time on my bike this year. I actually thought it was my first time on the bike since the bike rally last summer, but I was mistaken - my log book tells me that I did go on a ride with Dave in October.

I was a bit anxious about the first ride. I didn't spend a whole lot of time getting my bike ready, and I wasn't sure how difficult I would find it to do 42 km as my first ride. Cycling can be pretty complex in terms of all the equipment... helmet, shoes, water bottles, spare tube, pump, tools, snacks, gloves, etc... so I wondered if I would forget anything. But it turned out that getting back on the bike was very easy. I think Stu and I must have perfected the art of cycling preparedness last year, so I was relieved to find that it was easy to get started again this year.

The ride went very well. It was cloudy, but the rain held off. Dave kept asking me if my legs were sore afterwards, but they weren't. My butt, however, was and still is a bit sore. It will take awhile to toughen it up again :)

posted by Kevin @ 11:13 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home