Saturday, July 22, 2006

One More Sleep

Today was "Packing Day", the day where we load all of our gear (except what we'll have on our person as we bike out tomorrow) into our two rubbermaid totes before passing them on to the "roadies", who will move everything along in the pre-assigned trucks.

In just 12 hours, Kevin and I will be on our bikes, heading south on Yonge Street to the lake, where we head East along the lakeshore, and out of Toronto along Kingston Road. It's amazing to think that all of the preparation we've done is over, and that the adventure starts after just one more sleep.

All being well, we'll have some short updates along the way, but I know it's not going to be easy to post much while we're on the road. With Montreal just 600km away, the next week is likely going to fly by faster than we're prepared for, but it's going to be an incredible journey. I'm still humbled by the support so many people have shown us - it's been fantastic! I'm also a little amazed that I've come this far. Kevin and I started talking about the Rally as an idle thought last year, then put it into action by signing on board in February. Though tomorrow might be the start of our ride, it's really the end of a long lead-up. I'm excited, and looking forward to the ride. I feel like a kid at Christmas.

I just hope I sleep well...

posted by Anonymous @ 9:18 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home