Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rally Fever - it's on!

Today was the second (my first) training ride of the season and the weather was perfect! We started at Kipling station and rode a 39km route which took us out to through Port Credit and up scenic Mississauga Road.

After having used the trakstand for the past while I think I was starting to forget the thrill of a ride on the open road. Feeling the rush of wind as soon as you push the pedals just doesn't happen on a stationary bike! Last night I had spent a while tuning Allen up making sure he was ready for the ride. Today he was shifting gears brilliantly, responding to every little whim I had. It's great having him on the road, it's pretty much like he anticipates every turn, hill, pothole and obstacle so he's prepared to respond at a moment's notice.

So yes, I was more than just a little excited after the ride. The thrill of the Bike Rally is back with me today -- the thrill of 600+ kilometers of open road and trails that connect Toronto to Montreal, and hundreds of other riders and crew to share it with.

Rally fever? It's back - it's on!

posted by Stuart @ 1:57 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home