Thursday, August 02, 2007

Day 5 - Lancaster

We had a fast ride from Johnstown to our first break and then on to lunch. Even with the hot weather we made it to lunch with an average speed of ~31 km/h. We took a very long lunch break, stopping for a massage before heading out with the last handful of riders.

The ride to our afternoon break was a bit slower as the heat had peaked and we were on a shared bike path. A short way past the break I crashed, coming down hard on my left side. I suppose I was lucky to land with plenty of my body hitting the road, after catching my breath and cleaning with a bit of water I got back on the bike. I've got some good bits of road rash on my knee, elbow and butt and probably a bit of bruising when the swelling subsides. Kevin seemed to enjoy helping me clean my wounds with a bit of rubbing alcohol back at camp, apparently he's a bit of a sadist.

I'm looking forward to tonight. We share stories about the ride, our inspirations and memories of those who aren't with us. Apparently there's a "barn dance" tonight too. This is it, the last sleep before Montreal. This time tomorrow we'll have finished the journey and it'll feel amazing, but for now 8'm just going to enjoy this last night.

posted by Stuart @ 5:15 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home