Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cycling Prince Edward Island

While I was on PEI to visit my family, I rented a bike and rode from St. Ann's to East Point, a 140 km trip. I had borrowed Dave's camera, so I have some photos to share with you. First, here is a bird's eye view of the route.

This is the Norco bike I rented from MacQueen's bike shop. It was actually a brand new bike, but for some bizarre reason they let me rent it, without so much as taking down my phone number or address. I suppose they had my credit card number, but it didn't seem as though they would have refused a cash payment.

I left just after 6 am, and I thought my sister Jeanne's house looked pretty in the morning light. I also snapped a shot of the bike loaded up with Gatorade.

Now and then I stopped to take photos of road signs, I guess to prove that I actually did the ride!

I couldn't resist taking a photo of the mist rising off the Hunter River.

Around 10 am or so, I arrived at my sister Paulette's house to take a half hour break. My nephew Emery also came out to do some biking with me.

Naufrage Harbour

I snapped quite a few photos at North Lake Harbour.

It wasn't until just now that I noticed some of the interesting names on the fishing boats! Next I arrived in the community of East Point...

But it wasn't until about 1:30 pm that I arrived at the actual geographical feature called East Point, where I took this picture of the lighthouse there.

East Point was a bit disappointing, because the cliff is so high and steep that there is no way to get down below. So I took one picture looking west along the north shore and then one of the actual eastern tip of the Island from on top of the cape.

And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the photos. I certainly enjoy sharing them.

posted by Kevin @ 11:05 PM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home